Onboarding Begins Here!
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Welcome to N.C. Cooperative Extension!
- New Extension Agent: Onboarding Self-Study Guide
- N.C. Cooperative Extension Onboarding Checklist
- Technology To Do List for New County Extension Employees (from Extension IT)
- Extension Abbreviations and Acronyms Sheet
The 4 Phases of N.C. Cooperative Extension Onboarding are Orientation, the Mentoring Program, Self-guided Training and Subject Matter Training.
- Orientation – For both NC State Extension and Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T employees, there is a specific Onboarding Orientation process. All new employees should attend Orientation within their first 30 days of employment to ensure that they do not miss any benefits eligibility deadlines. Orientation at both universities is a valuable opportunity designed to familiarize new employees with benefits offered by the state. Employees should review their offer letters and welcoming packets for further information and contact their Human Resources department with any questions. At this time, Orientation will be offered in a hybrid format by each campus.
- Mentoring Program – New employees are assigned a peer Mentor for their first year of employment. Supervisors work to identify Mentors for their employees. New employees and and their identified mentors should both register for the Extension Mentoring Program training through the Extension Learning Management System. This is a one-time training. Therefore, mentors who have taken this training do not need to attend again. Mentors may reach out to their mentees at any time, they do not have to wait until after this training. However, the training is important because it sets expectations for both mentors and mentees.
- Self-guided Training – This is a self-paced, online program is for all New Extension employees. Employees may register and begin Self-guided Onboarding by clicking the hyperlinked text. Parts 1 and 2 of this online Moodle course are for all employees and a certificate of completion to share with the supervisor will be issued once they are both complete. Part 3 is focused on Programming and while it is designed for Agents, anyone may wish to complete this section also. A second certificate is issued if the employee completes this section of the training.
- Subject Matter Training – Specific training is offered for new employees in their subject area. Agriculture, 4-H, FCS, and EFNEP all offer subject matter specific training. Administrative Professionals will soon have specific training (coming in 2023). Program Assistants and Technicians may complete Subject Matter Training according to their areas of responsibility, and guided by the Agent or CED that they assist. Training is offered in various formats, and may be ongoing or at specific times during the year. Begin your Subject Matter Training below using the links provided and look for more opportunities in your welcome packet, from your supervisor and in emails from professionals in your subject matter area.
Begin Self-guided Onboarding
- Self-guided Onboarding for New N.C. Cooperative Extension Employees (through Moodle)
- NC State Extension Organizational Chart
Begin Subject Matter Training
- 4-H Agents begin with 4honline2.0
- Agriculture Agents – details about the next Agriculture Agent Training will be posted soon!
- Administrative Professionals
- Family and Consumer Sciences Agents
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)