Onboarding Begins Here!
Find this page at:
Welcome to N.C. Cooperative Extension!
The 4 Phases of N.C. Cooperative Extension Onboarding are Orientation, the Mentoring Program, Self-guided Training and Subject Matter Training.
- Orientation – For both NC State Extension and Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T employees, there is a specific Onboarding Orientation process. All new employees should attend Orientation within their first 30 days of employment to ensure that they do not miss any benefits eligibility deadlines. Orientation at both universities is a valuable opportunity designed to familiarize new employees with benefits offered by the state. Employees should review their offer letters and welcoming packets for further information. Orientation will be offered in a hybrid format by each campus.
- Mentoring Program – New employees are assigned a Mentor in the first weeks of employment. Training for both Mentors and Mentees is available online the first Tuesday of every month. Register for this program through the Extension Learning Management System.
- Self-guided Training – This is a self-paced, online program is for all New Extension employees. Employees may register and begin Self-guided Onboarding by using the links at the bottom of this page. Parts 1 and 2 of this online Moodle course are for all employees and a certificate of completion will be issued once they are both complete. Part 3 is focused on Programming and while it is designed for Agents, anyone may wish to complete this section also. A second certificate is issued if the employee completes this section of the training.
- Subject Matter Training – Specific training is offered for new employees in their subject area. Agriculture, 4-H, FCS, and EFNEP all offer subject matter specific training. Administrative Professionals will soon have specific training (coming in 2021). Program Assistants and Technicians may complete Subject Matter Training according to their areas of responsibility, and guided by the Agent or CED that they assist. Training is offered in various formats, and may be ongoing or at specific times during the year. Begin your Subject Matter Training below using the links provided and look for more opportunities in your welcome packet, from your supervisor and in emails from professionals in your subject matter area.
Begin Self-guided Onboarding
- Self-guided Onboarding for New N.C. Cooperative Extension Employees
- New Extension Agent: Onboarding Self-Study Guide
- The History of N.C. Cooperative Extension
- NC State Extension Organizational Chart
Begin Subject Matter Training
- 4-H Agents begin with 4honline2.0
- Agriculture Agents – all subject areas please register in XLMS for the next New Agriculture Agent Training
- Administrative Professionals – resources coming soon!
- Family and Consumer Sciences Agents
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)